Mint chocolate chip ice cream gets an upgrade. Rich, creamy mint ice cream is loaded with chopped Andes mints, Oreos, hot fudge and a generous splash of Bailey’s!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half*
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s (or other mint liquor)
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- Pinch of salt
- 10 drops green food dye (or more for more intense color)
- 1 cup Oreos, chopped
- 3/4 cup Andes mints (about 21 mints), chopped
- 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine heavy cream, half and half (or milk – see notes), granulated sugar, Bailey’s, mint extract and salt.
- Add food coloring and whisk again to completely combine.
- Pour ice cream batter into frozen ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturers directions (usually 20-25 minutes of churning).
- During the last 5 minutes, add in all but 1-2 Tablespoons of your chopped Oreos and Andes mints.
- Pour into a loaf pan or other quart-sized container. Add hot fudge in a few blobs on top and use a knife or spatula to swirl it into the ice cream. Top with reserved chopped add ins.
- Cover and place into the freezer until ready to serve, or at least 2 hours. Enjoy!
*Don’t have half and half? Just use 2 1/2 cups heavy cream and 1/2 cup milk instead.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Churn
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mint chocolate chip ice cream, andes mint ice cream