This morning I woke up at 5:30AM to the sound of waves breaking against the seawall, the scent of salt water, a pastel-colored sunrise behind the lighthouse and a light breeze blowing the bedroom curtains. It’s the first time in weeks that it hasn’t been 80°F and 98% humidity first thing in the morning, and it’s wonderful. I’ve never been a fan of summer or heat, and mornings like this make my long for fall more than usual. I love sliding my feet into fuzzy slippers, draping myself in a fluffy blanket and cozying up with a mug of coffee on the couch to watch the boats go by.
Today is one of those days where I woke up motivated. I did twenty minutes of yoga, half an hour of cardio, and then went for a thirty minute run (with hills, for the record). Came home, showered, had breakfast and was settled on the couch to watch Frozen with a mug of coffee by 9:30AM. By the time I got my computer open to start writing this post, I’d already come up with a thousand ideas of things I want do in the fall: apple picking (followed quickly by apple strudel baking), hiking, winery tours, a trip to Vermont for the foliage, a walk through the gorgeous Hammond Castle, tour Castle Hill on the Crane Estate… the list goes on and on. I freaking love fall. And then my mind turned quickly to winter, which I love just as much because of pretty snowfalls, ice skating, glühwein, Christmas, cookies, Blink! at Faneuil Hall, Nantucket Stroll… sigh.
But in the meantime, I need to scratch the itch and one of the ways I do that is by making lists – and in this case, I started sort of an early Christmas wish list.
- We’re in need of a new set of non-wood cutting boards, and this set would sufficiently satisfy my OCD.
- I just bought these bring blue Warby Parker glasses, and now I’m itching to get a new pair of sunglasses.
- This mug, because it delivers a very important message. And also, it’s probably the only Kate Spade thing I’ll ever be able to afford.
- I don’t even need a new notepad, but this set is very fitting for my current situation at work.
- This ladle because OMGLOOKATIT.
- I have a multitude of whisks so I definitely don’t need another, but this one is just entirely too cute to pass up.
- This spoon rest is super cute, but I fear that I might mistaken it for actual pasta and try to cook it if I have too much wine one night.
- I want to get more into candy making, so I’m going to need a candy dipping tool.
- Pastasaurus. I REPEAT: PASTASAURUS.
- My hand mixer is very, very, very old and I’m just waiting for the day it completely craps out on me – I’ve got my eye on this KitchenAid beauty.
- How could I possibly say no to this dishwasher magnet? Hint: It’s very Penny-like.
- I’ve been in house-hunting mode, and this book would be a great resource to designing the perfect kitchen.
- I’m really digging high-waisted activewear, like these black leggings and these in a fun print.
Some of these links are affiliate links, which means that I may earn a commission if you click on the link or make a purchase using the link. Thank you for your support!0