The lava flow is a blended frozen cocktail with strawberry, coconut and pineapple flavors that are sure to transport you right to a tropical island in the sun!
- 5 ounces strawberries, frozen
- 2 ounces coconut rum
- 2 ounces light rum
- 6 ounces cream of coconut
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice
- In a blender , combine strawberries, coconut rum and light rum and puree. Divide evenly between two glasses.
- In the cleaned blender, combine cream of coconut, pineapple juice and crushed ice and blend until combined and smooth.
- Slowly pour the coconut mixture into the two glasses with strawberry puree (divided evenly). Garnish with pineapple wedge and/or strawberry, a long straw and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Want to add banana? Reduce cream of coconut to 4 ounces, pineapple juice to 4 ounces and crushed ice to 1 cup. Then add 1 small banana during the second blend (with the cream of coconut and pineapple juice).
Don’t have coconut rum? You can use regular spiced rum in place of coconut rum, but change it to 3 ounces light rum and 5 ounces cream of coconut.
If you need a substitute for cream of coconut, combine 4 ounces coconut cream, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring frequently until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool then transfer to container and chill in the fridge.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lava flow, lava flow cocktail, lava flow drink, tropical drink