This key lime pie is tart, sweet, creamy and easy to make! Only four ingredients in the key lime filling and three ingredients for the graham cracker crust.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers, ground in crumbs (about 12 sheets)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Key Lime Filling:
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 (14 ounce) cans full-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup key lime juice, fresh squeezed or bottled
- Zest of 2 limes (about 2 tablespoons)
Toppings (optional, but encouraged):
- Mascarpone whipped cream (or your favorite recipe)
- Lime slices
- Lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until they form small crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter and stir until combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9″ pie dish. Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Set aside, and leave the oven on – you’ll need it soon!
- In a large bowl, used a hand mixer on low speed to combine egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and lime zest. You can also whisk by hand if desired.
- Once combined, pour into your prepared crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top is set to the touch and appears just a little bit jiggly in the center if you wiggle the pan.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes on a wire rack , preferably until completely cooled. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge until ready to serve, or for at least for 1 hour.
- Top with whipped cream and lime slices, slice and serve. Enjoy!
Keywords: key lime pie