A step by step method to roasting beets!
- Bunch of beets
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Fill sink (or large basin) with water.
- Cut the beet leaves close to the tip of each beet.
- Place beet leaves and beets in water. You can scrub the beets with your hands to get some of the dirt off, but it’s not really necessary – it’s going to get peeled off later. Pat dry the beet leaves and set aside for another purpose (they’re great in salads!).
- Dry each beet with a paper towel and then toss to coat in large bowl with olive oil.
- Coat each beet with sea salt, then wrap completely in a square of aluminum foil.
- Place wrapped beets on a baking sheet (you can coat it with another large piece of foil to catch spills if desired) and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Unwrap each beet and use a wet paper towel to peel away the outside skin. You’ll be left with nice clean beets!
- Slice or chop as desired. Store in an airtight container for up to a week. Enjoy!
I used Golden Beets in this recipe, but it will work for any kind!