My favorite way to prepare spaghetti squash in the oven!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Optional: butter, garlic salt, grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Use a large, sharp knife to cut off both ends of the squash.
- Cut the squash in half length-wise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds from each half.
- Place the halves in a baking dish side by side with as snug a fit as you can manage, cut side up. simply because it makes removing them from the dish easier after they’re cooked.
- Brush a layer of olive oil on the fleshy side of each half and add a little kosher salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for about an hour. If you want it more tender, stick it back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Once you remove the dish from the oven and let the squash cool enough for you to handle, use a fork to scrape out the fresh lengthwise.
- Place in a serving dish and season to taste. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 33
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 97
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 9