A salty and sweet snack that’s reminiscent of everyone’s favorite winter drink: hot chocolate!
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels (or 6 cups popped popcorn)
- 6 ounces dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Salt (optional)
- Pop popcorn and salt to taste. In a large bowl, combine popcorn and marshmallows, toss to combine. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in either a heat-proof bowl in the microwave (stirring every 15 seconds) or in a double broiler. Melt until almost completely melted and smooth, then let sit for 30 seconds and stir until completely smooth.
- On two baking sheets prepared with parchment or wax paper, lay salted popcorn in a single layer (it doesn’t have to be exact).
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the popcorn and marshmallow mixture. Set aside and let the chocolate harden.
- Once the chocolate is hardened, break apart and serve. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: hot chocolate popcorn, hot cocoa popcorn, chocolate popcorn