Honey takes center stage in this twist on the typical vanilla latte.
Inspired by Haute Coffee in Concord, Massachusetts.
- 8 ounces milk (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces espresso (or vanilla-flavored coffee, then you can omit the vanilla extract)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat milk until it starts to bubble a little on the edges of the pan. Not boiling, but steaming a bit.
- Add honey, vanilla, cinnamon and stir. Heat, stirring frequently, for another minute.
- Now you can froth your milk in your preferred method: whisk vigorously in pan until frothy, place in a mason jar and shake vigorously for 30-60 seconds, or use a milk frother.
- Pour milk mixture over freshly brewed espresso/coffee in a large mug. Top with whipped cream, drizzled honey and a dusting of cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: honey vanilla latte, vanilla latte