1) Most importantly, the boyfriend has returned home and I’m thrilled! He had been deployed for a bit, and I didn’t publicize that because you never know what kind of crazies will show up at your door demanding cupcakes. Things were rough without his help around the house and to take care of the dog, and I had to drive his truck while he was gone because my car is on its last legs. It’s good to have him back – Penny agrees.
2) I’m finally the proud owner of one of those “dogs reacting to soldiers coming home” videos. She didn’t do anything crazy that’s going to cause it to go viral, but seeing how happy she was is more than enough for me. She missed being picked up like a baby 🙂
3) I finally got together some new recipe posts for you guys – look forward to another one on Monday! Spoiler alert – it’s perfect for summer and delicious. God, is it delicious. Excuse me while I wipe away the drool…
4) I also finally made it to a company softball game and go out with the crew after – that hasn’t happened since last summer, so it was great to get back into the swing of things with my friends from work.
5) Last night I finally got more than two hours of sleep for the first time in about a month, so I don’t feel like a total zombie which is a refreshing change!