Happy Valentine’s Day to those of you who celebrate it! This day isn’t my favorite for many reasons (that you may or may not know from Valentine’s Day posts of past), but I’m not going to dwell on it. Instead, I’m getting in the spirit of this “Hallmark Holiday” and be a semi-active participant. How, you ask? Why, let me tell you!
1) I made these cookies for some of my friends, and the boyfriend who accidentally ate one meant for someone else when I fell asleep on the couch. New rule in the house: I have to put food for other people in separate containers and/or put a note on them. I think the note is going to say, “BACK AWAY FROM THE FOOD!”
2) I mastered my own White Hot Chocolate. I often crave it in the winter, but because finding a good white chocolate can be rough, I’ve always put it off. But I finally did it and it was de-licious.
3) When I took Penny outside at 6AM this morning, I (apparently) loudly exclaimed, “It’s STILL snowing?!?!” which quite a bit of anger and a neighbor who was shoveling out his car across the street yelled back, “RIGHT?!” That made me laugh and less angry, which was helpful because I hate when my day starts off on the wrong foot.
4) I’m very nautical today – yellow shirt, grey pants, red flats and my new lobster scarf from Modcloth. It’s super lightweight, which is good for me because otherwise I overheat and become a very cranky, sweaty person.
5) I got a promising proposition for a new project that might end up being pretty cool… I can’t say much about it yet, but it’s exciting and I hope it pans out!
Link up with me below, and join me in linking up with Lauren with your own #H54F!