Whether you call it puppy chow or muddy buddies, the addition of Halloween candy and autumn colors turn this into the perfect festive party snack!
- 9 cups Chex (Corn, Rice, or both), divided
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup devil’s food cake mix
- 6 ounces white candy melts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Halloween sprinkles
- 11 ounce bag Brach’s Assorted Halloween Mellowcreme Candy
- 1 cup Fall Harvest M&Ms
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces
- 8 ounces Reese’s White Mini Cups
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 6 ounces gummy worms
- Divide Chex evenly between two large mixing bowls, and prep two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter and vanilla and heat over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and combined.
- Pour over the Chex in one bowl and carefully stir to combine and thoroughly coat. Add devil’s food cake mix and stir/toss to combine and coat.
- Pour onto one of the prepared baking sheets and let set for at least 15 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- Pour white chocolate over the other bowl of Chex and carefully stir to combine. Add powdered sugar and stir/toss to combine and coat. Add sprinkles and toss to combine.
- Pour onto the other prepared baking sheet and let set for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine both prepared Chex mixes along with all other ingredients and stir/toss to combine. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: halloween puppy chow, halloween dessert, halloween muddy buddies, halloween party snack