Super fudgy, dark chocolate cookies made with one bowl and seven ingredients – none of which are flour or dairy!
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (can substitute coconut sugar )
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder or unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons water (or milk, if not dairy free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life are great if you’re dairy free, I also like Ghirardelli’s 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips)
- Optional: Sea salt or sparkling white sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together avocado and sugar. Add eggs and beat on high speed until well combined.
- Add cocoa powder, water and baking soda and beat until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and combine on low speed until evenly distributed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 10-15 minutes, then carefully move to wire rack to cool completely.
Store in airtight container after they have completely cooled, preferably refrigerated to last longer.
Makes about 24 cookies (varies based on size).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: avocado cookies, fudgy chocolate cookies, chocolate avocado cookies