Easy and creamy homemade ice cream filled with gingerbread spice flavor and pieces of real gingerbread!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups gingerbread or gingerbread cookies, chopped into 1/2” cubes
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cubed gingerbread in a single layer on prepared sheet and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together heavy cream, Land O Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half, brown sugar, and molasses until combined.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, salt, cloves and nutmeg and whisk vigorously to combine. Place bowl in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- Pour batter into frozen ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturers directions (usually 20-25 minutes of churning). During the last 5 minutes, add in your gingerbread.
- Store in freezer-safe container and freeze for a couple hours if you want it to be soft-serve texture (or overnight, if you want to eat it after it’s hardened). Enjoy!