Ooey, gooey soft rice krispie treats are loaded with creamy peanut butter and sweet marshmallow fluff for the perfect fluffernutter flavor!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 7.5 ounce container of Marshmallow Fluff
- Pinch of salt, if your peanut butter doesn’t have any
- Prep a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper so that the edges hang over the sides of the pan, and then spray with nonstick spray . Set aside.
- Pour Rice Krispies into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add 4 cups mini marshmallows and heat, stirring frequently, until melted and mostly combined – it’s okay that it’s not fully incorporated, it’s better that way!
- Turn off heat, add peanut butter and stir to combine. If the peanut butter you’re using doesn’t
- Immediately pour peanut butter mixture into the bowl of Rice Krispies, add Fluff and remaining 1 cup mini marshmallows and stir to coat and combine.
- Turn out into prepared baking dish and press down into an even layer.
Tip: If you have another 9×13 pan, you can use the bottom of that pan to press into the top of your dish for an easy way to get it evenly distributed! You can also spray your hands with a little nonstick spray and use your palms to press it down, or place another piece of parchment paper on top before using your hands to press it down.
- Let set for at least 15 minutes, and then slice into 12 large bars. Serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container, stacked between layers of parchment paper.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop