A super easy way to satisfy a pizza craving when you’re low on time or dough: Puff pastry steps in as the crust, and the rest is totally up to you!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces mushrooms (or whatever veggies you want), sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine (can substitute chicken broth or water)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Roll out thawed pastry onto prepared baking sheet and slice in half (width-wise).
- Brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil across each pastry sheet, making sure to cover it all the way to the edges. Add more oil if you need it.
- In a large pan, combine butter, garlic and mushrooms over medium heat. Sauté for a couple minutes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add wine (or broth/water) and stir frequently until the liquid has mostly cooked off. Turn off the heat.
- On each prepared pastry sheet, cover the center with the cheese, leaving a small border all the way around.
- Add the sautéed vegetables, and then top with olives, basil, parsley and red pepper. Add more cheese if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the pastry is golden brown.
- Let the pizza set for a couple minutes before slicing into four or six pieces each, and then serve immediately and enjoy!
Warning: A heavy sauce may cause the pastry to get a bit soggy, so I recommend no sauce or keeping it light.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Bake
Keywords: puff pasty pizza, easy homemade pizza