- 2 cups hearty bread, diced into 1/2” cubes
- 1 Tablespoon oil or melted butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons seasoning of choice (I like to use an Italian blend)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with a nonstick silicon mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine diced bread and oil (or butter) to coat.
- Add Parmesan, seasoning, pepper, salt, garlic powder and toss to evenly coat.
- Pour onto prepared sheet pan in an even layer and bake for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through for more even browning.
- Let cool completely on baking sheet, then enjoy!
Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
My general rule is the following quantities per 1 cup of diced bread: 1/2 Tablespoon oil or melted butter, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, 1 Tablespoon seasoning blend, 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Nutrition information: The information below reflects 6 servings – your results will vary.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: homemade croutons, easy homemade croutons