Canned biscuits are dressed up with pizza toppings for an easy, cheesy pull apart bread appetizer for a group!
- 2 cans flaky style biscuits
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 6 ounces pepperoni slices
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, marjoram, thyme, basil, rosemary, sage and red pepper flake. Stir to combine, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, add melted butter and garlic, then stir to combine. Set aside.
- On a clean work surface, split the dough of each biscuit in half and lay them all out side by side.
- Stretch out each round of dough so that it will be almost as wide as the short side of the loaf pan itself (approximately 4-5″).
- Starting with one biscuit half, brush with a little of the garlic butter, add a few pepperoni slices (from the 6 ounce package I had, I could add three slices to each) and then top with a large pinch of cheese. Top with another biscuit, and repeat. You’ll want to form stacks of 5 or 6 rounds at a time so they’re still manageable enough for you to lift and place into the pan.
- Starting at one side of the pan, layer each stack tightly side by side until you’ve filled the entire length of the pan.
- Top with a light brush of garlic butter and your prepared spice mix.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Note: After the first 30 minutes, use a knife or fork to pull out one of the more central pieces to test how well the middle of the biscuits are cooked. If they feel like they’re still too doughy for your liking, cover and bake in 5 minutes increments until it’s what you’re looking for, and then uncover and bake the remaining 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! Can be served with a marinara dipping sauce, if desired.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake