This shrimp pasta salad is creamy and refreshing, with fresh dill and a zesty lemon dressing. The perfect chilled summer dish to bring to a BBQ or potluck!
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 16 ounces macaroni noodles, uncooked (half a 1 lb box)
- 16 ounces large cooked shrimp, thawed and diced (about 12 large shrimp, can also use small shrimp)
- 1 cup celery, chopped (about 2 stalks)
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (about 1 small pepper – whatever color you like)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 cup mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Boil eggs, let chill in an ice water bath. Follow the directions to hard boil eggs in the recipe card of this post. Once cooled, peel and roughly dice.
- Cook macaroni noodles until al dente according to package instructions. Immediately drain in a colander and rinse under cold water. Leave in colander to fully drain, shaking a couple times to remove excess water.
- If shrimp are frozen, thaw in a colander under cold water for about 5 minutes. Remove tails and dice.
- In a large bowl, add pasta, eggs, shrimp, celery, bell pepper, dill, onion and sweet relish and stir to combine.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, sweetener, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing into bowl with other ingredients and stir again to combine.
- Cover and place in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and enjoy!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy shrimp pasta salad, shrimp salad