Cranberry pumpkin banana bread combines bananas and canned pumpkin with dried cranberries for a moist, heavenly scented breakfast!
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (can substitute vegetable or canola oil)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3–4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup overripe bananas, mashed (about 2 bananas)
- 2 1/2 cups dried cranberries
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two 9×5 loaf pans with parchment paper, then coat with nonstick spray . Set aside
In the large bowl of a stand mixer, combine eggs, brown sugar, coconut oil, butter and vanilla, and beat on medium speed until well combined.
In another large bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix on low speed until mostly combined. Add pumpkin and bananas and mix until well combined.
- Add cranberries and stir until just combined.
Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared loaf pans and bake for 45 minutes (or until the tops have started to brown) and then cover with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes (or until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the center comes out with only a moist crumb).
- Let cool completely in pans, then remove, slice and serve. Enjoy!
Store wrapped with plastic wrap in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake