A cranberry lover’s version of the standard mimosa – tart cranberries pair perfectly with a sugar-rimmed glass and sparkling champagne bubbles. Two main ingredients and they’re ready in 5 minutes!
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cranberry juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) champagne
- Sparkling sugar, for garnish
- Fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Rim two champagne glasses with a little water and then dip in sparking sugar.
- Pour 1/4 cup cranberry juice in each champagne glass.
- Add 1/2 cup champagne to each glass.
- Top with a few fresh or frozen cranberries and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Serving a crowd: 1.5L champagne bottle holds about 6 cups so if you multiplied this recipe by 5 you’d have enough for 10 people using a single bottle of champagne. You’ll still need to pour each glass individually as champagne doesn’t hold up well if try to combine it all in a pitcher.
Type of champagne: I prefer to use an Extra Dry or Brut, but you can use whatever type you prefer. This picture shows you the different variations in sweetness if you need help deciding.
Type of cranberry juice: Just make sure you’re using cranberry juice and not “cranberry cocktail” juice mix.
Sweetness: If you find you want to add a bit of sweetness, just stir in a tiny bit of simple syrup.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Pour
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry mimosa, cranberry mimosas, cranberry cocktail, christmas cocktail, poinsettias, poinsettia cocktail, cranberry champagne cocktail