Cranberry champagne margaritas are a quick and easy cocktail to whip up – you only need 5 ingredients and 5 minutes! They’re tart, slightly sweet and the perfect festive drink for the holidays.
- Margarita salt or sugar, optional
- 1 cup cranberry juice*
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur, like Triple Sec or Cointreau
- Champagne, to top (about 1 ounce per drink)**
- Simple syrup, optional
- Fresh cranberries and lime wedges, to garnish
- Fill a small plate with margarita salt or sugar (or a mix!), and wet the edges of your glasses with lime juice or water. Dip tops of glasses in the salt/sugar to rim the edges. Fill each glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine cranberry juice, lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur with ice and shake well.
- Strain into prepared glasses. Take a quick taste and adjust as needed for personal preference – if more sweetness is desired, add a little simple syrup and give it a stir.
- Top each glass with champagne, garnish with fresh cranberries and/or lime wedges and serve immediately. Cheers!
Type of cranberry juice: Just make sure you’re using cranberry juice and not a “cranberry cocktail” juice.
Type of champagne: I prefer to use an Extra Dry or Brut, but you can use whatever type you prefer. This picture shows you the different variations in sweetness if you need help deciding.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry champagne margarita, champagne margarita, cranberry margarita, christmas margarita