Dried cranberries, white chocolate, crystallized ginger and orange flavors give this a winter holiday flavor blast. Addictive and easy to eat by the handful, you can call it puppy chow, muddy buddies, whatever you want – because no matter what, it’s delicious!
- 9 cups Chex (Corn, Rice, or both)
- 12 ounces white candy melts
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup crystallized ginger pieces, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel (optional)
- Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt white chocolate candy melts according to package directions (typically meaning to microwave at 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring after each until smooth.
- Add orange extract and ground cinnamon, stir to combine.
- Pour Chex into a large bowl and pour in your melted white chocolate mixture. Carefully stir and/or toss to combine and thoroughly coat.
- Add powdered sugar and stir/toss to combine and coat.
- Pour onto one of the prepared baking sheets and let set for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine prepared Chex mixture with cranberries, ginger, white chocolate chips and orange peel (if using). Stir and/or toss to combine.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
Keywords: puppy chow