My homemade, copycat version of Ruby Tuesday’s pasta salad, ready in 30 minutes – rotini pasta, diced ham, peas and green pepper make for the perfect side dish for a summer party! Don’t forget to bring a pitcher of raspberry rosé sangria and the ingredients for some grilled peaches, too.
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups ham, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and rinse with cold water. Set aside until completely cooled.
- In a very large bowl, combine ranch dressing, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Add green pepper, ham, peas and stir to combine. Add pasta and stir again to combine.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator to chill completely.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
- Make sure you rinse the pasta in cold water after it’s done cooking – this will stop the cooking process completely, and it will help it cool more quickly.
- People have given some AWESOME recommendations in the comments – some from real life former Ruby Tuesday employees. Check them out if you want to make this more authentic – I’m not including them in my recipe card since it wasn’t my idea and I actually love my version as is, and I don’t want to give away their secrets without credit 🙂
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ham and pea pasta, Copycat Ruby Tuesday Pasta Salad, summer salad, easy pasta salad, ham and pasta recipes, macaroni salad with ham, copycat recipes, restaurant recipes, copycat restaurant recipes, cold pasta salad recipes, rotini pasta salad