This copycat recipe for Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits is downright addictive! The inside is soft with cheesy garlic flavor and the outside is crisp and golden with a generous coating of melted garlic butter – and they’ll be ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Garlic butter topping
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare two baking sheets with nonstick silicon mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, garlic powder, sugar, salt, and white pepper.
- Add melted butter and buttermilk, and use a spatula to mix until just combined.
- Fold in shredded cheese until evenly combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup to portion out the dough onto prepared baking sheets. Slightly flatten and shape each biscuit.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until cooked through and the tops are golden.
- While the biscuits are baking, in a small bowl combine melted butter, parsley, garlic powder and salt and stir.
- As soon as the biscuits are out of the oven, use a pastry brush to coat each biscuit with the garlic butter mixture.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- My recipe makes 10-12 biscuits, so if you’re making enough for a crowd just double or triple the recipe accordingly.
- Use freshly shredded, high quality cheddar cheese. It truly makes a difference in the final product!
- Use a large cookie scoop to portion out the biscuit dough, then flatten them a bit and shape them into rounds. Don’t pack them super tightly, but enough that they’re held together well.
- The garlic butter topping and parsley is an absolute must. These will not be the cheddar bay biscuits of your youth is you don’t brush it on top as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: copycat red lobster biscuits, copycat cheddar bay biscuits, cheddar garlic biscuits, cheesy garlic biscuits, red lobster biscuits