The perfect parfait for non-yogurt lovers! Layers of homemade granola, coconut whipped cream and fresh pomegranate arils make for an easy and healthy non-dairy, vegan pomegranate parfait breakfast.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 can coconut milk, chilled in fridge overnight
- 1/2 tablespoon honey (optional, if not vegan)
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 300°F and prepare a baking sheet with nonstick silicon mats or parchment paper. Spray with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine coconut oil and honey/maple syrup and heat for 30 seconds. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil mixture and oats and stir to combine.
- Pour onto baking sheet and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until granola has started to turn a golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- Once granola has cooled, transfer to a bowl and toss with chocolate to combine. Set aside.
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Remove the thick and condensed coconut cream from the can (save the liquid to use for something else!) and transfer to a mixing bowl. Using a whisk attachment, beat on medium high speed until soft peaks form. If you’d prefer a sweeter and less coconut-y taste, add honey and whip again. Set aside.
Assemble the parfait (instructions per serving):
- In a parfait glass/mason jar/wide mouth glass, add 1/4 cup granola. Top with 1/4 cup of coconut whipped cream, and then 1/4 cup pomegranate arils. Repeat one more time and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
Keywords: pomegranate parfait, granola parfait, vegan parfait