An easy bite-sized, naturally sweetened snack packed with coconut and lemon flavors and dotted with poppy seeds. No bake, raw, gluten free, dairy free, paleo and vegan!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, packed (about 6 dates)
- zest of one lemon
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Combine 1 cup shredded coconut and all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined and sticky. Start with the juice of 1 1/2 lemons, then add more if desired.
- Use a small cookie scoop (2 teapoon-sized) to portion out dough. Roll each ball between the palms of your hands into smooth balls, then (if desired) roll in the remaining 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes.
Note: Because of the turmeric, your hands are going to get temporarily stained yellow. Just wash them thoroughly when you’re done and you’ll be fine!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, and enjoy!
Optional, but encouraged: I like to pulse 1/4 cup shredded coconut in the food processor before I start the rest of the recipe (and then set them aside in a small bowl until the end) so that the pieces are a bit smaller, as I find it will adhere to the dough better this way.