An adult version of the classic popcorn ball, featuring the addition of cinnamon and rum for a buttery, boozy, chewy Halloween treat!
- 8 cups popped popcorn (up to 10 cups will work)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2–3 teaspoons rum, to taste
- Pinch of salt, to taste (optional)
- Popsicle sticks (optional)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat and set aside.
- Using your preferred method, pop your popcorn and set aside in a large bowl.
Pro tip: If you need to, you can even use a bag of microwave popcorn, popped according to package directions. If you use this method, omit the pinch of salt.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup. Stir constantly over low heat until butter is melted and combined.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and add cinnamon and rum (and salt, if adding). Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and use a spatula to stir and coat.
- Spray your hands with nonstick spray and form balls 3 to 4″ in diameter. Place each ball on prepared baking sheet to set. If you desire, stick a popsicle stick in the top of each ball, pushing it about halfway in.
- Let set completely, serve, and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: popcorn balls, cinnamon popcorn balls