Fluffy brown rice gets an upgrade with a healthy dose of lime and cilantro!
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter (or butter substitute if vegan)
- Juice of up to 2 limes, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt (or 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic + 1 teaspoon sea salt)
- Zest of 1 lime
- In a medium saucepan, bring rice, water, butter and juice of 1 lime to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Let it cook, undisturbed, for 40 minutes.
- Leave the lid on and remove from heat to let it steam an additional 10 minutes.
- While rice finishes cooking, roughly chop the cilantro and zest 1 lime.
- Fluff finished rice with a fork. Add juice of remaining lime, cilantro, garlic, salt and lime zest and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately, and with a lime wedge if you feel so inclined. Enjoy!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: cilantro lime brown rice, chipotle rice