These no bake cookies only need 6 ingredients, but no eggs, no flour, no butter, no mixer, no baking – no kidding! Easily made gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free and a great recipe to make with the kids.
- 2 cups quick rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup, or to taste (can substitute honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt, optional
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick silicon mat . Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well combined using a wooden spoon. Taste, and if you want it sweeter add a little more maple syrup. If too sweet, add a small pinch of salt.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion the dough onto prepared cookie sheet. If desired, slightly flatten the tops with the back of the spoon.
- Transfer cookie sheet to freezer for at least 30 minutes until cookies are firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Oats: You can use quick oats, old fashioned oats, or gluten free oats – just not steel cut oats.
Coconut Oil: You want refined coconut oil as it has a neutral flavor (unrefined has a coconut flavor). You can also substitute melted butter.
Peanut Butter: You can substitute for your favorite nut butter, as long as it’s creamy and well stirred (not oily).
Cocoa Powder: You can substitute raw cacao powder .
Maple Syrup: You can substitute honey or agave syrup (but you’ll want far less so start with a small amount and taste test). You can also substitute the same amount of granulated or light brown sugar.
Vanilla Extract: You can substitute for vanilla bean paste or vanilla bean powder.
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat for up to 1 week. They can also be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake cookies, chocolate and peanut butter no bake cookies, chocolate and peanut butter cookies, chocolate and peanut butter oatmeal cookies