Unbelievably creamy chocolate whipped cream with a subtle yet distinctive flavor of Guinness malt. Looks just like the foamy head on a pint!
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate cake mix (I recommend Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Cake Mix)
- 4–5 tablespoons Guinness (remove any foam)
- 1–2 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Chill a large mixing bowl in the fridge or freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- In your chilled bowl, combine mascarpone cheese and heavy cream and mix on a low setting until mostly combined.
- Add cake mix and slowly increase speed to high and whip until stiff peaks form – it may take a little while, so be patient!
- Add Guinness (make sure to remove the foam from the top) and whip until medium peaks form.
- Taste and add powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time if you’d prefer it a bit sweeter, whipping after each addition.
– Use it as a frosting to top your favorite cake or brownies
– Dip fruit in it
– Pipe it into a small dish as individual servings (like a mousse) topped with crushed pretzels or chopped Andes mints!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
Keywords: guinness whipped cream, boozy whipped cream, chocolate whipped cream