Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream is a classic for a reason. Creamy vanilla ice cream is stuffed with chunks of cookie dough and chocolate chips! No baking, no eggs.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
- 1 pure vanilla bean paste (or substitute pure vanilla extract)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour*
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped chocolate of choice
- 2 cups heavy cream**
- 1 cup half and half**
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla bean paste (or substitute pure vanilla extract)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 ounces chocolate of choice, chopped (optional, but encouraged)
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Using a hand mixer , beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add milk and vanilla and beat again until combined.
- Add flour and salt and beat again until just combined. Add chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the freezer until you’re ready to add them to your ice cream.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine heavy cream, half and half (or milk – see notes), granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Use a hand mixer on low speed or a whisk to completely combine.
Pour ice cream batter into frozen ice cream maker (aff link) and prepare according to manufacturers directions (usually 20-25 minutes of churning).
During the last 5 minutes, add in your cookie dough by the teaspoon and chopped chocolate (optional).
- Pour into a loaf pan or other quart-sized container, cover, and place into the freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!
*If you’re concerned about the potential for bacteria in raw flour, you can quickly heat treat it by spreading it out onto a baking sheet and toasting it at 350°F for 5 minutes. Let it cool, then add to your cookie dough mixture.
**Don’t have half and half? Just use 2 1/2 cups heavy cream and 1/2 cup milk instead.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Churn
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, chocolate chunk cookie dough ice cream, cookie dough ice cream