A homemade copycat of the perfection that is Portillo’s Chocolate Cake Shake! A rich, thick chocolate shake with frosted chocolate cake blended right in.
- 1 cup good quality chocolate ice cream
- 1 slice double chocolate layer cake (frosting and all!)
- In a blender , combine ice cream and cake and blend until just combined – the beauty of this recipe is that it’s not completely smooth. Pour into glass and enjoy!
To make the math easy, just add 1 slice of cake to each 1 cup of chocolate ice cream.
- If you slice your cake into 8 large slices, you’ll have a thicker shake that likely warrants a spoon.
- If you slice your cake into 16 thinner slices, it will be less thick.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate cake shake, portillo's chocolate cake shake