- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of chili powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Karo® Corn Syrup
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, cayenne pepper and chili powder and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter, cocoa powder, and corn syrup and stir to combine.
- Add brown sugar, egg and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients into bowl of wet ingredients and stir until just combined and no pockets of flour mixture remain.
- Cover and chill dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with nonstick silicon mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour granulated sugar into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Use a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out cookie dough, and roll lightly between hands to form a ball. Roll in your bowl of granulated sugar to coat, then place 6 cookie dough balls on first prepared baking sheet with a couple inches of space between each.
- Bake for 10 minutes – cookies should be puffy and starting to crack on top. Remove and let cool on pan for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Prep all your cookie dough balls at once, then place them on a plate and stick it in the fridge as each batch bakes. This will keep the dough firm and prevent it from spreading too much, and you don’t have to deal with taking the bowl of dough in and out of the fridge as you make each batch. Now you can just pluck six balls off the plate to put on the prepared baking sheet right before they go in the oven!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
Keywords: chewy mexican hot chocolate cookies, chewy chocolate cookies, chocolate snickerdoodles