Fluffy white champagne cupcakes topped with a chocolate ganache and mascarpone buttercream, and all of them are infused with a zing of champagne. The perfect New Year’s Eve treat!
- 1 1/2 cups white cake mix (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons champagne
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1/4 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon champagne
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2–3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons champagne
- Gold sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 12 liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, egg whites, coconut milk, melted butter and champagne. Mix on medium speed until well combined. At this point, taste the batter – if you don’t feel like the coconut flavor is too strong for you, you’re done! If it’s too much for you, add vanilla extract.
- Fill each cupcake liner 2/3-3/4 full and bake for 13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for a minute. Remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat heavy cream for 30 seconds – you want it to be hot, but not boiling.
- Add chopped chocolate and let sit for a few minutes to soften the chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add champagne and stir to combine completely. Place in fridge to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and whip on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, spread or pipe ganache on top of each cupcake.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and mascarpone cheese until combined and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time and whip on medium-high speed, tasting as you go until it’s as sweet as you’d like. Add champagne and whip again to combine.
- Pipe on top of the ganache on each cupcake and top with gold sprinkles. Enjoy!
Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: champagne cupcakes, boozy cupcakes, new year's dessert, new year's eve dessert