An easy gift for the holidays! Sweet and flavored with cinnamon and sugar, these candied pecans are an addicting snack that’s perfect for a crowd.
- 2/3 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound (4 cups) pecans, halved
- 1 egg white, room temperature and lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, combine pecans and egg white and toss until pecans are evenly coated.
- Add sugar mixture to bowl with pecans and stir/toss to combine.
- Pour pecan mixture onto prepared baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring them after the first 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the pecans cool on the baking sheet until cooled. Transfer to an airtight container to store until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Can’t or don’t want to use egg whites? Substitute 3 tablespoons aquafaba.
- Make sure you are using raw pecan halves, and not seasoned or salted ones.
- Feel free to add other spices if you want to switch up the flavor – maybe a little nutmeg, ginger, or even a pinch of paprika.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: candied pecans, cinnamon sugar pecans