The perfect way to eat dessert for breakfast! This baked oatmeal tastes just like a rich, chocolatey brownie.
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk (your preference)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon oil (your choice – I use coconut or canola)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray an individual sized ramekin with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oats, flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add milk, honey/maple syrup, oil and vanilla and stir until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared ramekin, top with a few more mini chocolate chips (just because!).
- Bake for 15 minutes, depending on desired consistency.
- Carefully remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
– This can easily be made vegan by using non-dairy milk and chocolate chips.
– I used 4oz ramekins in these photos, to give you an idea of the quantity of each serving.
- Category: Breakfast