Light, soft vanilla ice cream with a hint of bourbon flavor and loaded with buttery, sweet, roasted pecans. This ice cream is for adults only – sorry, kids!
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon light or dark brown sugar
- Hearty pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chopped pecans on baking sheet and toast them for 7 minutes, or until fragrant and golden.
- Just before the pecans are done toasting, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add 1 Tablespoon brown sugar and salt and whisk until completely combined and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Add pecans to sauce pan and stir/toss to coat. Pour pecans in a single layer onto a piece of parchment paper to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together heavy cream, half and half, 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla extract and bourbon.
- Pour batter into frozen ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturer’s directions (usually 20-25 minutes of churning). During the last 5 minutes, add in your prepared pecans.
- Store in freezer-safe container and freeze for a couple hours if you want it to be soft-serve texture (or overnight, if you want to eat it after it’s hardened). Enjoy!
The bourbon helps keep the ice cream soft, but you don’t want to add more for a stronger bourbon flavor – it’ll make the ice cream impossible to full set! Instead, try adding a little bourbon the butter/sugar mixture for coating your pecans.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Churn and freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bourbon ice cream, butter pecan ice cream, boozy ice cream