These chocolate covered confections are bite-sized, boozy, and no bake! Powdered sugar, butter and bourbon-soaked pecans are coated in dark chocolate for the ultimate holiday dessert for adults.
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup quality bourbon
- 30 pecan halves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 16 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers
- In a small bowl, combine finely chopped pecans and bourbon and let soak for at least an hour, giving it a stir every now and then to make sure they’re all coated.
- Optional, but encouraged: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place pecan halves in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl with a hand mixer, beat butter on high speed until creamy and fluffier.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and beat to completely combine.
- Add your soaked pecans/bourbon mixture (you can include any residual liquid if desired, you may just need some extra powdered sugar if it’s too soft) and mix on medium speed to combine.
- Using a small cookie scoop (about 2 teaspoons), measure out balls of dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour – if you’re going to leave them overnight, cover with plastic wrap to prevent them from dying out.
- In a double boiler over low heat, melt your chocolate until smooth and use a candy dipper (or toothpick or fork, whatever works best for you) to coat each ball completely. Place back on parchment lined baking sheet, immediately top with a pecan half, and let set.
- Once set, serve and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in a cool room or in the fridge.