My favorite blueberry muffin recipe turned into a loaf of muffin bread! Just like the muffins, it’s stuffed with juicy blueberries and topped with some sparkling sugar for a sweet crunch.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Zest of one lemon, optional
- Sparkling sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar – don’t overmix! Whisk until just combined.
- Add milk, oil, and vanilla and whisk until just combined.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture. You don’t want to overmix, but just stir long enough that all the flour has been incorporated.
- Gently fold in blueberries until just combined.
- Optional: Fold in lemon zest.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Optional: Add a little sparkling sugar to the top (and of course I do, because sugar).
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Let cool in pan, then invert to gentle remove it from the pan. Slice and enjoy!
If you find that the top is gets too brown and crisp for your liking, tent with foil for the last 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
To reheat, just pop it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry muffin bread