This beer cheese dip is creamy with three different kinds of cheese and a subtle amount of heat – ready in 20 minutes! The perfect partner to a homemade soft pretzel.
- 12 ounces of your favorite beer
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (or more, to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine cream cheese and beer and whisk over medium heat until melted and combined.
- Add cheddar cheese, Gruyere cheese, mustard, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and white pepper. Whisk over low-medium heat until completely melted and smooth.
- Do a quick taste test, and add salt and pepper to suit your preferences. If you’d like more heat or spice, try adding more cayenne pepper or some chili powder!
- If it’s not thick enough for your liking, let simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve immediately with your favorite dippers – pretzels, chips, bread, etc. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Reheat on the stove over low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- This recipe produces about 4 cups of cheese dip, so if you’d like less just divide the recipe in half!
- Category: Dip
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beer cheese dip, white cheddar dip, pretzel dip, super bowl dip