Smoky kielbasa wrapped in thick cut bacon is complemented by a slightly sweet and spicy mustard glaze.
- 12 ounces kielbasa (fresh or smoked)
- 12 ounces bacon (thick cut recommended)
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (more or less, to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Slice kielbasa into 1″ pieces and cut each strip of bacon in half. Keep in mind that you’ll need half as many (whole) slices of bacon as you have kielbasa pieces, so take that into account when you’re prepping since the amount you have many vary.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, mape syrup and chili powder.
- Using a basting brush, coat both sides of each bacon slice with your mustard glaze.
- Wrap each kielbasa slice with each strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick through the center. Place on prepared baking sheet standing on its end (or tilted on the edge of the toothpick if need be).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your bacon.
- Let cook on baking sheet for a few minutes, then move to a cooling rack to drain excess oil.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
Keywords: bacon wrapped kielbasa, kielbasa bites