A special treat your dog will love that is DEFINITELY Penny Approved! Chunks of fresh apples, creamy peanut butter and bacon crumbles will make your furbaby as happy as Penny!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened natural apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Use nonstick spray to grease muffin tin and set aside.
- Cook bacon in your preferred method, let cool and crumble. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, water, milk, yogurt, applesauce and honey.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Mixture will be thick.
- Gentle fold in chopped apples and distribute evenly.
- Use a large cookie scoop to fill prepared muffin tins . Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from tin and let cool complete on wire rack .
- “Frost” with peanut butter and sprinkle crumbed bacon on top of each pupcake. Serve and let them enjoy!
Keywords: dog cupcakes, peanut butter dog cupcakes, pupcakes