An easy, raw, bite-sized, naturally sweetened snack that’s perfect for fall! The flavor of apple pie without all the hard work and sugar!
- 1 cup dried apple slices
- 12 dates (or about 1 cup), pitted
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts, shelled
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Honey, maple syrup or agave (optional and as needed)
- White chocolate (optional)
- Place parchment paper or a non-stick silicon mat on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Make sure your dates are pitted and moist. If needed, soak them in hot water for about 10 minutes to soften them, and then drain them before adding them in the next step.
- Combine apple slices and dates in a food processor, pulsing until chopped and combined and forming sticky crumbs. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and salt in food processor, pulsing until you have a relatively fine crumb, free of big chunks.
- Add the date/apple mixture back to the food processor and pulse until it forms a dough-like consistency. If it seems too dry, add water (1 tablespoon at a time) or honey (1 teaspoon at a time) and pulse again to combine. You should be able to squeeze the mixture in your fingers and have it all stick together.
- Use a tablespoon (or smaller, depending on your personal preference) to scoop out the mixture and roll them into balls. Place
- With the small spoon scoop the mixture and roll into balls. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- If desired, melt white chocolate and drizzle over the top of the balls – making sure to let it set completely before storing.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!
These can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.