The classic hot toddy cocktail is easy to make, warm and comforting – which makes it the perfect drink when you’re fighting a cold. Add apple cider for a sweet and spicy variation!
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 ounces brandy (can substitute for whiskey)
- 1 ounce fresh apple cider
- 1/2 to 1 ounce lemon juice, to taste
- 1 to 3 teaspoons honey, to taste
- Apple slice, lemon slice, cinnamon stick or star anise, for garnish (optional)
- Pour hot (not boiling) water into a mug and let it sit for a minute before you prepare the rest of the drink. This will warm your mug for the ultimate cozy experience!
- Add your alcohol of choice, apple cider, lemon juice, honey and stir to combine.
- Garnish with a slice of apple and a cinnamon stick (see other options above), and serve immediately. Enjoy, and get well soon!
- Choice of alcohol: pairing brandy and apple cider together is heavenly, but whiskey will work just fine, too.
- To make a traditional hot toddy, omit apple cider and increase the quantity of hot water to 1 cup.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hot toddy, apple cider hot toddy