“And in the morning I’m makin’ WAFFLES!”
To be clear, I’m makin’ chocolate chip waffles. Because I’m a fat kid.
This morning I felt compelled to come up with a homemade waffle recipe because the boyfriend and I have probably tried every mix known to man, and I haven’t found one that I love. So I wanted to experiment. With chocolate.
Here’s what I came up with – I tasted some without the chocolate chips, and I thought it had a pretty good flavor, if I do say so myself. In the future I’m going to try a few other things: using whole wheat flour, adding in honey, or cranberries, or blueberries… I also considered making “dessert waffles” with cocoa powder and Andes mints.
Chocolate Chip Waffles
Makes six 7-inch round waffles
- Waffle iron
- Grapeseed oil (healthier than normal cooking spray)
- Large mixing bowl
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (like I said – fat kid)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray with oil. Beat both eggs in bowl with a whisk until they’re fluffy.
- Mix in milk, vegetable oil, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla and beat until smooth. Now fold in your chocolate chips.
- Pour 3/4 cup of mix onto waffle iron, and cook until golden brown (or however you like them!).
I was so excited to eat my waffles I forgot to take a picture
until halfway through my second waffle. Oops.