I’m going to finish out week two of the ramen and funfetti challenge with something straight up weird. I’m acknowledging up front that this is weird, so let’s just get that out of the way right now. I know. I’m aware. You’re probably ready to click away to a more normal site right about now, but I’m going to ask you to stay and hear me out. Okay? Okay.
I’m turning ramen into a dessert.With chocolate. And just a hint of salt. You know I’m all about the salty and sweet, man. If you’re not a fan, just omit the salt altogether.
It’s crunchy, but I’m not sure what to compare it to. It’s not the same crunch that you get with a chip or a pretzel, but I really like it. You’ll probably make a chocolatey mess of your fingers when you’re eating it, but it’s totally worth it.
And you know what else you can add to give it some pizzazz (as if ramen turned into dessert wasn’t enough)?
S P R I N K L E S!
That’s right. I just combined a little bit of a ramen with a little bit of funfetti. I’m craaaaaaaazy, man. Crazy.
But you know who approves of the crazy and the sprinkles and the weird? This girl, right here:
She and I are going to go have some mommy/puppy time now – no sprinkles required!Print
A unique take on your typical chocolate bark – baked ramen with a hint of salt and healthy drizzle of dark chocolate!
- 1-3 ounce package ramen (any flavor, you’ll discard the flavor packet)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Spinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add ramen, stirring occasionally for three minutes.
- Drain noodles and spread evenly in a thin layer on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top of the ramen is golden brown and crispy.
- Let ramen cool.
- Melt chocolate (in a microwave or in a double boiler) and then place your melted chocolate in a pastry bag or plastic baggie with a tiny hole cut in the corner and drizzle the chocolate on top of the cooled ramen. Top with sprinkles if desired, then place in the fridge to set.
- Once set, break into pieces and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!