Welp, this is it. This is my final recipe in September’s ramen and funfetti challenge. I’m a little sad, because it’s been fun! Plus, I’ve learned a few things:
- Forcing yourself to come up with new recipes based off a single ingredient/concept can be difficult.
- Forcing yourself to come up with two new recipes every week is stressful.
- Trying to do all of this with a full time job and a slowly dwindling number of daylight hours probably isn’t the best idea.
However… I do like the idea of having a theme each month that I can contribute to. Rachel over at The Chic Site does it with a new color every month on her Instagram, and I think I can do the same thing with food. I already know what October’s is going to be (and no, it WON’T be pumpkin) so you’ll have to wait and find out on 10/1.
Now onto more important things, like these Funfetti Rice Krispie treats. I took your normal, every day, ho-hum krispie treats and added a kick of white chocolate and a crapload of sprinkles. And then I of course topped it with even more white chocolate and sprinkles. Don’t even try to act like you’re surprised.
A couple things to note:
- Do not try to speed up the process by melting the butter and marshmallows over high heat. That will just end up changing the overall consistency of the treats and they’ll be hard as rocks. Trust me, you do not want this. Only melt them together over low heat, stirring constantly. Just be patient.
- Don’t use nonpareil sprinkles – they’ll bleed all over and turn the treats brown. It’s gross and no amount of white chocolate drizzle will make them more appetizing. Sure, they’ll still taste good – but we all know if they’re the color of puke no one is going to want to check the taste.
I make mine in an 8×8 pan because I like them thick, but you can always make them in a 9×13 instead – they’ll just be thinner. Or you could double the recipe so that they’re thick and you have twice as many bars. Cut them as big or as small as you want – the world is your sprinkle… er, oyster!
See you next month for a new theme! 🙂Print
Rice Krispie Treats get a kick of white chocolate and sprinkles for some funfetti flair!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, divided
- 4 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 cup sprinkles, plus some for garnish
- Spray an 8×8 inch glass pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Once it’s almost melted, add marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal and 3/4 cup white chocolate chips and stir until combine (it’s okay if the chocolate chips aren’t totally melted). Add sprinkles and stir to combine – try to make it quick, as the color may bleed!
- Press into the prepared pan with a piece of wax paper (this will prevent it from sticking, like it would with a spatula.
- Melt the remaining 1/4 white chocolate chips and drizzle on top of the bars, and sprinkle some more sprinkles on top for good measure.
- Let set and then cut into 9 pieces. Enjoy!