|Even Penny wanted in on it.|
Oreo Ice Cream
Creamy, light vanilla ice cream made with coconut milk and packed with crushed Oreo pieces.
[Makes 1 quart]Ingredients
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
8-10 Oreos, crushed
1) In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for the Oreos and stir until all sugar is dissolved and fully combined.
3) Place bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to let it thoroughly chill.
4) Place Oreos in a heavy-duty plastic baggie and crush with a rolling pin. Having bigger chunks isn’t bad, you don’t need it to be crushed to a fine powder.
5) Pour batter into ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturers directions (usually 25-30 minutes of churning). During the last 5 minutes, add in your crushed Oreos. Note: The Oreos really bulk things up, so keep an eye on it so it doesn’t overflow on you!
6) Store in freezer-safe container and freeze for a couple hours if you want it to be soft-serve texture (or overnight, if you want to eat it after it’s hardened). Scoop it into a bowl or a waffle cone and enjoy!